[Koha] Vendor Question

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Wed Apr 9 04:48:50 NZST 2008

Hi Matthew,

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Ballou, Matthew <MBallou at sau40.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>             Our School District is interested in at least taking a look at
> KOHA, but we can't seem to find a pay vendor that would support it. I called
> liblime.com today and was unceremoniously told that we are "too small" a
> School District for them to support. Now we have 2700 students and 4 -15,000
> Circulation Libraries and are looking to possibly switch from "Follett"
> Winnebago to another platform.
Just to clarify, it was me you spoke with, and I don't recall saying
that you were
'too small'; but rather, that I wasn't sure you could afford our
services. I gave you
our standard rates, it's up to you to decide if you can afford them;
our business must
be sustainable for the sake of our employees, customers and the Koha community;
we work very hard and many of our staff spend many waking hours volunteering on
this project as I'm sure many on this list will attest to.

If you're interested in a list of alternative support resources for
Koha, you can find such
a list here:

http://koha.org/support/pay.html

Of course, you can also download and install Koha for yourself, or
have a local consultant
help you.

Hope that's helpful.

Sincerely,

--
Joshua Ferraro SUPPORT FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
CEO migration, training, maintenance, support