[Koha] Koha VMWare Virtual appliance problem

Frédéric DEMIANS frederic at tamil.fr
Wed Nov 7 20:41:18 NZDT 2007

> Thanks for detailed email.  I followed your instructions step by
> step.  Also I've understand all the steps.  inet addr: value in my
> virtual appliance is 127.0.0.1 <http://127.0.0.1>.  But when I point
> to http://127.0.0.1 it says:
> Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 127.0.0.1
> <http://127.0.0.1>.

You have to take care of your Virtual Machine (VM) Ethernet setting.
Your VM network connection can be: bridged, NAT or host-only. (1) It
seems you have a host-only connection. It implies that your VM and host
system can't communicate at all. In host-only mode, VM don't see the
outside, and so the Internet. (2) The 'bridged' connection is the
simplest solution: Kyle instructions will work. But you need a DHCP
server on your network in order to lease an IP address to your VM. Even
in this case, you may encounter some very tricky issues depending of VM
Linux OS security policy. (3) NAT setting: don't rember... but I'm
almost sure  it won't work since host and VM share a unique IP address.
--
Frédéric