[Koha] questions about item description

Bojan Macan bmacan at irb.hr
Tue Nov 6 21:18:24 NZDT 2007

Hi,

I'm a new user of Koha and now I'm in phase of configuring Koha for my
library needs. I have a few questions and I would be grateful if anyone
can answer me:
1. How can I import in Koha our information about borrowing. In UNIMARC
we have had one field in bibliographic record in which we have put the
name of person which borrowed specific item (we have one bibliographic
record for each item). We would like to import our data from this field
to Koha. Which MARC21 field designated the person who borrowed the
specific item?
2. In Borrowing rules we have defined our borrowing policy for specific
groups of items (book, referenced literature, serials) but where can we
mark a specific item and as reference item or book item? Which MARC21
field is designated for this?

And finally: does item level use MARC21 standard at all and where can we
choose which fields do we want to use for our item level description?

Thank you in advance!

Bojan Macan