[Koha] Re: new to koha: where to get z39.50 servers?

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 18:22:46 NZDT 2007

Beda Szukics wrote:
> H.S. schrieb:
>> am wondering, how do I add Z39.50 servers?
>
> You can add the servers in the section parameter of tht intranet interface.

Yes, got it.

>> Do I need any kind of
>> authorization to connect to various such servers (username and
>> password)?
>
> Usually not.

How do I know?

>> Are there any open ones?
>
> A lot. I good starting point is http://www.indexdata.dk/technologies/z3950/

Yes, got the list. I tried a few but the search result doesn't give me
anything. I am not sure how to find out which ones require authorization
and which one don't.

> BTW. I would recomend not to use npl-framework when working with z3950.
> At least in my case z3950 configuration and search works only with the
> default framework. I don't know why.

er .. ahem ... not sure what this all means. I guess I need to read up a
bit more about this :)

thanks,
->HS