[Koha] Overdues notices and fines: what scripts are supposed to work?

Joshua M. Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Thu May 31 01:09:25 NZST 2007

Hi Kevin,

----- "Kevin O'Rourke" <lists at caboose.org.uk> wrote:
> Kevin O'Rourke wrote:
> > I've just started looking into emailing overdue notices to our
> > members.  I tried out the overduenotices.pl script but it doesn't
> seem
> > to be working.  I don't get any output when I run it with the -n
> > parameter (no email, output to stdout) but I also don't get any
> > errors.  Does anyone have this working correctly in 2.2.9 (Debian
> Sarge)?
> OK, I just realised that it checks the "Overdue notice required" flag
> in
> the borrower category, for some reason all ours were set to "no".
>
> > The documentation at kohadocs.org seems to suggest that since
> version
> > 2.2 none of the scripts for calculating fines work.  Is this true?
> I'm still curious which fines script I should use.
The fines module in Koha is a fine example of a feature that hasn't
been fully exposed to the system administration section of the admin
interface. For now, the assumption is that if you need to enable
fines and you're managing Koha yourself (as opposed to getting
commercial support from one of the available providers), you'll be
spending some time customizing the fines script and module to suit
your needs. That said, have a look at the fines2.pl in misc/ that
relies on C4/Circulation/Fines.pm, it's a good example of how to
start out with fines management in Koha.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,