[Koha] Koha Virtual Appliance

Piet Slaghekke pslaghekke at swiftriver.com
Sun May 27 07:50:12 NZST 2007

Thanks Darrell!

I hope to run it on ESX server (which is not free, but does run "bare-metal"
and can run quite a few servers on one box, if the box is fast enough)

When you write "When I get a chance I will complete a minimal VM-WARE
install of version 2.2.9
running on Debian Sarge."    Do you mean that you want to do a minimal KOHA
install or that you want do a minimal linux install to run VMWARE server on.

Once you get this install done,  I would be very interested in getting a
copy or converting it into an rbuilder appliance, that would be great!!

I am experimenting with the minimum linux installation needed to run
vmserver, this to minimize the resources used by the operating system
vmware server runs on and to maximize the resources available to vmserver.
will let you know what I find out, if you like.

Piet