[Koha] Re: Koha 2.0.0 to 2.2.9 migration - catalogue search doesn't find anything

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Wed May 23 18:38:25 NZST 2007

Rick Welykochy wrote:

> After upgrading the database, the catalogue search still does not
> work. Every search on the OPAC quick search page returns the
> same result: one record, prolly the first in the biblio section
> of the database.
>
> The tables are populated with records, as one would expect, e.g.
> here are some sample row counts:
>
> Table biblio: 16473 rows
> Table biblio_framework: 0 rows
> Table biblioanalysis: 0 rows
> Table biblioitems: 16324 rows
> Table bibliosubject: 15820 rows
> Table bibliosubtitle: 3902 rows
> Table bibliothesaurus: 0 rows
>
> Table branches: 10 rows
> Table items: 16448 rows
>
> Table marc_biblio: 21234 rows
> Table marc_blob_subfield: 5458 rows
> Table marc_breeding: 348 rows
> Table marc_subfield_structure: 1107 rows
> Table marc_subfield_table: 455964 rows
> Table marc_tag_structure: 98 rows
> Table marc_word: 687694 rows
>
> Table systempreferences: 67 rows

I am trying another search: that found on the Catalogue page
in the (port 8080) Intranet area. The script is

/cgi-bin/koha/MARCdetail.pl

The symptoms in this case are much different. The browser never
completes the request. This is because the web server goes into
a tailspin, load average 6.0+, CPU at 100%, with mysql and perl
churning away seemingly forever. Perhaps the query would have
eventually stopped, but with the load avg climbing and the server
brought to its knees I thought it best to terminate the web
process before things got out of hand.

Perhaps these symptoms might provide a bit more insight.

cheers
rickw