[Koha] Koha 2.0.0 to 2.2.9 migration - catalogue search doesn't find anything

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Wed May 23 12:25:05 NZST 2007

Chris Cormack wrote:

>  From what I remember of the 2.2.7 install we made some changes to the
> SQL to make it mysql 5 compliant.
>
> Is it possible these changes were overwritten?

If that were the case, the MySQL statements would fail and the script
would go into error. The changes to the SQL were not simply semantic -
they were syntactic.

e.g.

refering to http://lists.katipo.co.nz/pipermail/koha/2006/010477.html

Search.pm:

< from biblio, biblioitems
< biblio.biblionumber = bibliosubtitle.biblionumber
< left join itemtypes on biblioitems.itemtype=itemtypes.itemtype
----
 > from biblioitems, biblio
 > (biblio.biblionumber = bibliosubtitle.biblionumber)
 > left join (itemtypes on biblioitems.itemtype=itemtypes.itemtype)

WHEREAS the 2.2.9 source has the following changes:

 > FROM biblio
 > LEFT JOIN (biblioitems) ON (biblio.biblionumber = biblioitems.biblionumber)
 > LEFT JOIN (itemtypes) ON (biblioitems.itemtype = itemtypes.itemtype)

I have not tested the effect of changing a natural join (2.2.7) to a left
outer join (2.2.9) but perhaps that could have something to do with the search
problem.

Any insights most welcome.

And the big Question: is anyone on the list using 2.2.9 with MySQL 5.0
successfully?

cheers
rickw