[Koha] What Am I missing?

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Wed May 23 16:13:44 NZST 2007

Bo Schafers wrote:

> Thanks for your reply!
>
> I'm stuck, unable to progress our move to Koha. Is there anyone out
> there using a late Debian variant? Etch, Ubuntu  Feisty,  or similar -
> who has mentioned the issues i.e. with some PL files not executing (see
> Sorry to sound so negative, but at the moment I'm starting to fear that
> Koha might not work for us. It's a shame, we so much like the concept
> and ideology...

Seeing this thread brought one simple thing to mind: you need to make
sure that the perl scripts are allowed to be executed by your
Apache web server. We are running Debian Etch / Apache 2
straight out of the box (well, out of the apt-get!) and it works
fine.

Here is the configuration line in apache2.conf that is required
(stolen from the koha-httpd.conf):

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/koha/ /usr/local/koha/opac/cgi-bin/

and

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/koha/ "/usr/local/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/"

Without these, Apache does not know that the scripts in those
directories are to be executed.

If you cannot find koha-httpd.conf or have not integrated
it into your Apache configuration, we'll have to back up jsut
a little and help you at a more basic level.

Let us know how you go.

cheers
rickw

p.s. if your have an apache2 config that has the following directory:

/etc/apache2/sites-available

then the fix is really simple and we can fix you up in minutes. Let
me know, mate!