[Koha] perl modules don't work

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Sat May 5 11:45:36 NZST 2007

Thibaud Hulin <hulin.thibaud at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Nowadays, koha is the only way for apache : the adress 'localhost'
> inserted in my navigator show "WELCOME TO KOHA", and firefox try to
> download opac-main.pl without launching it.

Have you the cgi module loaded and enabled for Apache?

> OS : Debian lenny / sid (testing)
> I'm using the howto for Sarge, but I installed mysql4 and not mysql5.

Good move for now!

> During the installation, when I configure CPAN with this :
> perl -MCPAN -e 'install "Event"'
> I got errors :
> perl: No such file or directory
> CPAN: No such file or directory  [...]

Yikes!  What did the prompt that you typed perl -MCPAN -e 'install
"Event"' at look like?

Also, I think Event is part of the main perl package these days, so
one should not need to install it seperately.

I need to reinstall my koha on a newer debian.  I'll make notes on the
installation, as I'll be doing this one on my own time.

Regards,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.