[Koha] Call numbers for biblios

Kevin O'Rourke lists at caboose.org.uk
Fri May 4 21:16:56 NZST 2007

Hi,

Our librarians are complaining that when they look up a book in the
catalog (using the intranet interface) the call number is not shown.

We're using the Dewey Decimal Codes as call numbers, with the
itemcallnumber parameter set to 082a so when a new item is added the k
subfield for that item has the Dewey filled in automatically.  These
item k field entries show up in the location column in the catalogue.

What do I have to do to get the Dewey showing in the call number column
(for the biblio, not just items)?  All items belonging to a given biblio
have the same call number in our library.  There seem to be some things
that are relevant in the MARC links for biblioitems but I don't want to
play around with that in case I break something.  Is there a link that I
can point to 082a to just use the Dewey Decimal Code as the call number?

Kevin

--
Kevin O'Rourke
ICT Coordinator, National Teachers' Institute, Kaduna, Nigeria