[Koha] Problems creating new MARC structure (can't add new tags!)

Joshua M. Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Fri Jun 22 23:41:35 NZST 2007

Hi Davide,

Welcome to the Koha Community, see below for some hints:

----- "Davide Bortolini" <davide at bortolini.it> wrote:
> Hello
> i've setup a new installation of koha to migrate biblio catalogs from
> older CDS/ISIS program to koha. My environment is:
>
> - Debian Etch
> - Apache 2.2
> - Perl 5.8.8 with all koha required modules
> - Mysql 4.1 (manual installation)
> - koha 2.2.9
>
> At time of install none of MARC framework were imported into koha
> since i prefer to create myself a new UNIMARC framework that i need (in
> italian!)
> I was able to logon as kohaadmin, go to biblio framework (i see
> Default framework that is empty) and create a new framework. But when
> i try to add new tags it prompt me for create new framework (framework
> name) based on Default an return on framework admin. Clicking add new tag
> retur to the same form and so on. So i was unable to add new tags to
> framework and create my MARC structure.
> What's wrong?
hmmm ... I suspect the solution here is to create your new tags and
subfields in the default framework first, before adding another
framework. The default framework has a few mandatory fields, such as
linking ids to the biblionumber, biblioitemnumber, itemnumber and
itemtype. Try adding those fields to the default framework and then
see if you have better luck with creating a new framework.

Also, keep in mind that although you can have lots of frameworks,
it would probably be best to have the item-level linking fields
in the same set of fields for all frameworks.

Hope that helps,