[Koha] Announcing Koha Project Day

Joshua M. Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Sun Jun 17 12:35:44 NZST 2007

Hi all,

The management team here at LibLime is happy to announce a new
initiative to foster community development and growth of the Koha
project. As of this week, _every_ Sunday is Koha Project Day here
at LibLime (for our NZ staff, this translates into Monday).

Of course, throughout the week, we LibLimers spend the majority
of our time working for our customers: writing specifications,
doing development work, implementation, and support. Koha Project
Day gives us a chance to give back to you -- the community that
makes all of this possible!

Barring any urgent support requests, or last-minute proposals due,
we're planning to focus our energy entirely on the Koha Project
itself during Koha Project Day -- every week.

We'd like to extend the invitation to you, dear community. Join us
any time on any Sunday and pitch in. Or, alternatively, pick a
regular day/time that you find convenient and announce it to the rest
of the community. It's strictly voluntary of course (for our staff
too), so if you're unable to participate, we won't hold a grudge :-).
But if you're able, join us and help out, there's plenty to do.

Speaking of which, what is there to do? Glad you asked. Here's just
a partial list:

 * organize and write documentation
 * write specifications for new proposed features
 * write technical documentation for existing Koha features
 * respond to questions/comments on the Koha lists
 * test features and report bugs
 * fix bugs :-)
 * read through the code and make comments
 * translate Koha into your native language
 * write that new feature you thought of
 * talk to the developers and tell them how to improve Koha

Where is all of this happening? Well, you can join us in real time
on the #koha channel on irc.katipo.co.nz. If you've not used IRC
before, and you're running Windows, give mIRC a shot:

http://www.mirc.com/

Well, that sums it up. Our first Koha Project Day starts tomorrow
morning at 9:00am here in Ohio and runs for 15 hours to 5:00pm
in New Zealand. If you're around, pop in and say hello :-)

Cheers,