[Koha] adding Z39.50 search results to reservoir

Janusz S. Bień jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl
Thu Jul 19 17:56:31 NZST 2007

I consider using KOHA for cataloging a book collection, so I am
experimenting with Z39.50 search.

Koha 2.2 Users Guide

        http://kohadocs.org/usersguide/ch04s02.html#d0e2485

states

        Once Koha has searched through the list of Z39.50 servers that
        were setup in your Koha parameters, the pop-up window will
        display the search results.

        At this point, all of the retrieved records have been added to
        your MARC reservoir.

Is this really so?

My experiments suggest that only the item explicitely imported (by
clicking on the "Import" button in the pop-up window) is added to the
reservoir. Have I misunderstood something?

Best regards

JSB

--
                     ,
dr hab. Janusz S. Bien, prof. UW -  Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra Lingwistyki Formalnej)