[Koha] attempting to install Koha at Bluehost.com

Joshua M. Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Thu Jul 19 02:14:08 NZST 2007

----- "MJ Ray" <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> "Joshua M. Ferraro" <jmf at liblime.com> wrote:
> > Net::Z3950 should be replaced with Net::Z3950::ZOOM. In any case,
> this
> > module is only used if you plan to use the integrated Z39.50 client
> > in the MARC editor.
>
> Which module is "this module" there?
Net::Z3950 is deprecated, it relies on an old codebase that's
unmaintained and buggy. Net::Z3950::ZOOM is the module currently
used by Koha's Z39.50 client, and the only required module of the
two for Koha. The namespace is a bit confusing, I know, but due to
an API change in ZOOM, the old Net::Z3950 has been left as is until
ZOOM can handle the older syntax (to avoid breaking existing apps
that use Net::Z3950). Adding the old syntax to ZOOM is on the
roadmap, but due to financial limitations hasn't been prioritized.

Hope that clarifies.

Cheers,