[Koha] forced to generate new barcode with EVERY item edit

Jason Ronallo jronallo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 06:58:25 NZDT 2007

Julka,
One idea that I've had that might work for you, but I haven't had a
chance to test it but once:

Maybe it would work if your default MARC framework (since that seems
to be the one that the z39.50 search defaults to) has autobarcode
generation on and a different framework has autobarcode off? If you're
cataloging something new, then you would use the default framework
that has autobarcode generation turned on, while the your other
framework would have it turned off? Then when you go to change an item
that already has a barcode you first go to your bib record, change the
framework for that record to the one with autobarcode off, save it,
and then proceed to your items and editing them. In this way it won't
force you into the autobarcode script again. It's a little cumbersome
but maybe less so that manually entering all barcodes.

Does anyone see a reason why this wouldn't work?

--Jason