[Koha] Re: Forced to generate new barcode

Jason Ronallo jronallo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 06:28:50 NZDT 2007

Are you using MARC or non-MARC? I don't know if that makes a difference.
If you're using MARC to find which field to change do the following:

In Koha Administration select Links Koha - MARC DB. In the dropdown
select items. You should see here which MARC field is mapped to
items.barcode in the database. Then in Koha Administration select
Biblioframework. In your default framework (or whatever framework you
use) search for the tag you just noted. View subfields. Edit
subfields. Find your subfield (probably 952p if you have a recent
default installation). Under plugin dropdown change it to blank. Now
barcode will never be generated automatically for that framework.

HTH,
--Jason