[Koha] User accounts

Noel Goodman goldenchild_gt at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 24 09:35:25 NZST 2007

Within the etc folder for koha there is a text file called koha, which has info:

database=blank228_home
hostname=localhost
user=koha
pass=koha
intranetdir=c:\usr\koha228\intranet
opacdir=c:\usr\koha228\opac
kohaversion=2.2.8
opachtdocs=c:\usr\koha228\opac\htdocs\opac-tmpl
intrahtdocs=c:\usr\koha228\intranet\htdocs\intranet-tmpl
includes=c:\usr\koha228\intranet\htdocs\intranet-tmpl\default\en\includes

-Is the user and password defined here the location where the verification takes place when we log in from the intranet page?

I noticed that if I changed either 'user' or 'pass', an error is generated when and the intranet page doesn't load. Someone suggested a method where an instance of mysql.exe is run from the command line followed by:
mysql Koha -e 'update user set password=password("abc123") where
 user="kohaadmin"'

I keep getting an error msg when trying to run the mysql.exe
error 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'odbc' @' localhost' (using password: NO)
-Whats the cause of that?

With that done, I also wish to create multiple user accounts for the intranet login.
-Is there any way to create several user accounts? I would assume the mainpage.pl script would have to be altered to accommodate the new verifications.
I am particularly interested in finding out where the script checks to verify the login information supplied.

Any insight into this problem would be much appreciated, esp. as it relates to setting up multiply user accounts.

Thanks
Noel

Image by FlamingText.com