[Koha] Installing Koha when the Koha database already exists

Chris Cormack crc at liblime.com
Thu Apr 12 19:39:43 NZST 2007

On 12/04/2007, at 11:15 AM, José Miguel Parrella Romero wrote:

> Rick Welykochy escribió:
>> If so, I can proceed to complete the install (hopefully)
>> by skipling this step.
>
> Just skip the whole installer. In a typical Koha release bundle you'll
> find six interesting folders:
>
> * [opac|intranet]-[cgi|html]
> * modules
> * scripts
>
> Create /usr/local/koha/[intranet|cgi] (i.e., with mkdir -p) and then
> move cgi-bin, htdocs, modules and scripts accordingly. The only
> missing
> step is to provide a valid /etc/koha.conf (an example is provided
> in the
> Koha bundle, too, just adapt it to your values) and create the Apache
> configuration (an older Koha installation provides a good example)

Hi Guys

You are also going need to create and populate the database. Copying
files is the easy bit, the tricky bits the installer does, is
creating the database, populating it with MARC frameworks, also doing
the checks for installed modules.

So if you can do those bits yourself, then copying the files and
skipping the installer is a good choice.

Chris
Chris Cormack                            chris.cormack at liblime.com
VP Research and Development                        www.liblime.com
LibLime                                             +64 21 542 131