[Koha] Installation bug regarding creating Koha database

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Thu Apr 12 10:15:12 NZST 2007

During the install I specified the following as the
mysql server address:

10.11.12.1

since localhost is not available.

But the install script ignored this specification when
createing the Koha database and I see the following error message:

Creating the MySQL database for Koha...
/usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)'
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' exists!
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

cheers
rickw