[Koha] Net-Z3950 install fails

Joshua M. Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Thu Apr 12 04:22:26 NZST 2007

----- "Rick Welykochy" <rick at praxis.com.au> wrote:
> The installation of the (now required?) ZOOM module for
> Koha/2.2.8 fails many tests since the following connection
> fails:
>
> # Failed test 'connection to 'test.indexdata.com:2118' refused
> (10007)'
>
> I don't suppose the tests could be given a proxy to
> use?
>
> Anyway, that is not my problem. I am attempting to simply
> FORCE the install as follows:
>
> Failed 16/22 test scripts, 27.27% okay. 399/712 subtests failed,
> 43.96% okay.
> make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255
>    /usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
> Running make install
>    make test had returned bad status, won't install without force
>
> I invoked the install as follows:
>
> perl -MCPAN -e 'force install ZOOM'
>
> Now I am stumped. Why isn't CPAN ignoring the test errors and
> finishing off the install?
That's a good question. One approach is to just install the
module directly. You can download the tar.gz file, unpack
it (tar -xzvf filename.tgz), then run perl Makefile.pl, and
finally make, make install.

> Also, with 2.2.8 we do not want the Barcode functionality.
> How can we avoid the following brick wall at the start of the
> install?
>
> perl -MCPAN -e 'install "ZOOM"'
>
> perl -MCPAN -e 'install "You will need PDF::API2 for barcode
> generator"'
>
> perl -MCPAN -e 'install "You will need GD::Barcode for the new
> barcode
> generator"'
>
> perl -MCPAN -e 'install "You will need Data::Random for the new
> barcode
> generator"'
>
> perl -MCPAN -e 'install "You will need PDF::Reuse::Barcode for the
> new
> barcode generator"'
>
> perl -MCPAN -e 'install "You will need Net::LDAP if you want to
> authentify
> patrons through a LDAP"'
>
> I don't think we even need ZOOM!
ZOOM is required for Z39.50 support, so any process in
Koha that uses that will fail without that module installed.
I think the rest of them are just warnings, they probably
won't prevent you from installing.

Hope that helps,