[Koha] Net-Z3950 install fails

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Wed Apr 11 20:27:12 NZST 2007

Joshua M. Ferraro wrote:

> Welcome to the Koha community:

Thanks :)

> Make sure you have the latest verion of Yaz installed, not the
> one on the Etch servers. You can obtain it from indexdata.dk/yaz

Ah .. I should have read the error message more carefully.
I had to install libyaz-dev along with libyaz.

New problem. Our vserver instance (a guest host) is severly
firewalled and cannot communicate with the network other
than on ports 80 and 21.

This allows CPAN to download and install modules.
But that's all.

The installation of the (now required?) ZOOM module for
Koha/2.2.8 fails many tests since the following connection
fails:

# Failed test 'connection to 'test.indexdata.com:2118' refused (10007)'

I don't suppose the tests could be given a proxy to
use?

Anyway, that is not my problem. I am attempting to simply
FORCE the install as follows:

Failed 16/22 test scripts, 27.27% okay. 399/712 subtests failed, 43.96% okay.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255
   /usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
Running make install
   make test had returned bad status, won't install without force

I invoked the install as follows:

perl -MCPAN -e 'force install ZOOM'

Now I am stumped. Why isn't CPAN ignoring the test errors and finishing
off the install?

Also, with 2.2.8 we do not want the Barcode functionality.
How can we avoid the following brick wall at the start of the
install?

perl -MCPAN -e 'install "ZOOM"'

perl -MCPAN -e 'install "You will need PDF::API2 for barcode generator"'

perl -MCPAN -e 'install "You will need GD::Barcode for the new barcode
generator"'

perl -MCPAN -e 'install "You will need Data::Random for the new barcode
generator"'

perl -MCPAN -e 'install "You will need PDF::Reuse::Barcode for the new
barcode generator"'

perl -MCPAN -e 'install "You will need Net::LDAP if you want to authentify
patrons through a LDAP"'

I don't think we even need ZOOM!

Any help appreciated.

cheers