[Koha] Re: Is there an efficient way to manage the MARC frameworks? (User from China)

Hero_xbd!.RRR heroxbd at 126.com
Mon Apr 2 19:23:14 NZST 2007

Thank you Frank. Yes that is a solution.

But using Excel have some drawbacks:

1. In the Koha Intranet I can only find importing MARC (no other
format). That means we have to deal with MySQL directly. That will need
everyone know SQL, or will get someone to accept all the Excel files
from those who don't know SQL, then insert them into the database manually.

2. To use Excel we will be forced to keep track of the contributions by
hand.

I think modifying MARC framework to meet our special need and let people
use their own Browser to add bibliography through the web is a favorable
way. What do you think?

Cheers!

--
Xu Benda

Fundamental Science of Mathematics and Physics,
Tsinghua University, Beijing, P.R.China, 100084

tel:86-10-51531861
http://learn.tsinghua.edu.cn:8080/2005012177