[Koha] barcode autogeneration

Jason Ronallo jronallo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 04:26:01 NZDT 2006

I'm looking at http://koha.liblime.com and trying to see how
auto-calculated barcode numbers is supposed to work. I don't see that
it's working.

First off even if I set the parameter to not have auto-calculated
barcodes, item creation still shows the "..." next to the field.

The barcode number is always auto-calculated to 1.7976931348623e+308.
Is there a way to auto-calculate a rational barcode number? If I have
barcode auto-calculation on (yes) then I click on the "..." link and
then click in the blank field it should fill it in with the next
barcode number in sequence, correct?

It seems other folks have had problems with autobarcode generation. Is
there a bug here or is it user error?

How does one set the initial barcode number that should be used? For
instance we don't want to have a barcode "1" but would rather have a
longer barcode.

--Jason