[Koha] Fwd: ZOOM battles

Rob Weir robweir at alum.drexel.edu
Wed Dec 6 05:30:00 NZDT 2006

Hi Luis,
I think one piece of the puzzle is to make sure you have the Net-Z3950-ZOOM module installed. I hunted all over the internet and couldn't find a W32 build of this module. I was about ready to try building it myself, but last night I found http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/. They have a link where you can submit a build request for any w32 packages that aren't available, and they will try to build it for you.

I submitted a request and within an hour had an email back that a package was ready. How's that for service! So if you need a w32 build of Net-Z3950-ZOOM, you can now download it at http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/zips/

I downloaded the package last night and verified that it installed properly in ActivePerl 5.8.8.819. This morning I added it to the install package of Perl modules at http://koha.rwjr.com/

I also know that you need the latest Yaz toolkit that is available from http://www.indexdata.dk/yaz/  I think the latest version is 2.1.40. They do have a install package for windows that seems to work fine.

Do you have Net-Z3950-ZOOM and Yaz installed? If not, try adding those pieces.

That's how much I have been able to do so far. I have not had time to test this with Koha, but hope to do so soon. Let us know if you make any progress.

Rob