[Koha] Problem running ./bulkmarcimport.pl

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Nov 9 06:13:55 NZDT 2006

Well, I have installed every module listed below....I also used the same
methods with dh-make-perl --build --cpan MODULE and then installed them with
dpkg -i name-of-new.deb.  When I run
/usr/local/koha/intranet/scripts/misc/migration_tools/bulkmarcimport.pl I
still receive the error:

Can't locate object method "ignore_errors" via package "MARC::Charset" at
./bulkmarcimport.pl line 24.

If I comment out line 24 and run the bulkmarcimport.pl I get this error:

Can't locate object method "encoding" via package "MARC::Record" at
./bulkmarcimport.pl line 218.

Any ideas as to what is going on? Has anyone successfully ran the
./bulkmarcimport.pl with the new version?

> These packages weren't present in Debian and needed to be installed from
> CPAN. I actually built them with dh-make-perl:
>
> liblocale-po-perl_0.16-1_all.deb
> libmarc-charset-perl_0.95-1_all.deb
> libmarc-record-perl_1.38-1_all.deb
> libmarc-xml-perl_0.83-1_all.deb
> libnet-z3950-zoom-perl_1.11-1_i386.deb
> libwww-perl_5.805-1_all.deb
> libdata-random-perl_0.05-1_all.deb
> libgd-barcode-perl_1.15-1_all.deb
> libpdf-reuse-barcode-perl_0.05-1_all.deb
>
> Modules already present in Sarge (versions for this packages
> available at packages.debian.org) were:
>
> libclass-accessor-perl
> libdate-manip-perl
> libevent-perl
> libhtml-template-perl
> libxml-sax-perl
> libdate-calc-perl
> libxml-simple-perl
>
> DBI and DBD::MySQL were installed as dependencies on mysql-server. Also
> I had to install PDF::API2 0.3r77 from Backpan in order to get the
> Barcode Generator working decently. YAZ needed to be compiled even after
> dh-make-perl'ing, hopefully the great people at Indexdata provides
> recent debianized sources (they also provide binary packages)
>
> After this steps the installer allowed me to continue and everything
> is working fine since October 31st.
>
> Jose
>
> --
> José M. Parrella -> Debian Sid, k2.6.17.13
> Escuela de Ingenieria Electrica
> Universidad Central de Venezuela -> ucvlug.info

> dangerous content by the Cotter Technology
> Department, and is believed to be clean.

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department
507-453-5188