[Koha] Re: z39:50 Daemon Start Problem

fbray fbray at galencollege.edu
Sat Nov 4 05:18:51 NZDT 2006

Mike Dalgity <dalgity at ...> writes:

> Hi,
>
> You can check if any of the issues I encountered getting Z39.50 working on
> OpenBSD pertain to your situation. Check out the thread at
> http://lists.katipo.co.nz/public/koha/2006/010334.html
>
> Mike D.

Your suggestions about starting the z3950 daemon are much appreciated.  I tried
creating the z3950 user, but this caused other error messages, so I changed the
file line item from RunAsUser=apache to RunAsUser=root, which seems to have
solved the problem.  I have not yet checked this out completely, since we are
having some sort of DNS problem (an internal DNS) which willl not allow us to
access the Koha web sites from within our internal network.  But at least the
z3950 daemon is running.