[Koha] Questions for setting Parameters

Darla Grediagin dgrediagin at bssd.org
Fri Nov 3 07:56:38 NZDT 2006

Item Types -- For this, do I use what I want in a library or what I have
now.  I am finding in my old automation system I have a plethora of the
category or "language materials".  I find this on line 911 of the MARC
record.  Am I looking at the right place?  Is there a list of accepted
item types for MARC records.  I have looked at the Library of Congress
website and not found the answer to that question.  I am assuming that I
have some work to do to clean up my current records before I migrate
them over.

Setting up the MARC tag structure -- Are any MARC fields loaded or do I
need to load all that I will use?  I believe that I have to load them
all, but I want to check before I start that process.

Thanks for all the questions of mine that have been answered and any
answers to these.  I know I will have more as the process continues.  I
also know that I will be thrilled when I have finished this and can move
from the lost beginner to someone who can help others.

Have a great day,

Darla

--
Darla Grediagin