[Koha] Starting z39.50

Elizabeth Richens ljrichens at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 27 00:26:24 NZST 2006

Hi,

This is my first post to the list. I'm impressed by all the work that's gone
into Koha, but I now have a problem and can't find the answer in the
documentation nor on the mailing list archive. I'm guessing it's my lack of
techie knowledge...

My library recently installed Koha 2.2.5 on Debian, but I can't get the z39.50
function to work. When I try to Add Biblio as instructed in the Koha 2.2 Users
Guide, I get the message "Still ?? records to go" over and over. According to
the manual, this means I haven't started the z39.50 daemon. I've tried starting
the z39.50 daemon by running the script z3950-daemon-launch.sh from the command
line, but it aborts with the error message "line 17: no such file or directory"
(apparently it can't find z3950-daemon-options).

I noticed that the script z3950-daemon-launch.sh should actually be run during
system startup from something called rc.local, but I don't know how to do this.
Will the z3950 daemon launch script only work if run from a system startup
file?

Can anyone tell me what's wrong and what I should look up in my Linux for
Dummies book? :-)

Elizabeth Richens
Buddhist Society Library
London, UK