[Koha] barcode scanner

Owen Leonard oleonard at athenscounty.lib.oh.us
Thu Sep 21 06:57:00 NZST 2006

> >odd thing is that when I zap the barcode it automagically issues a
> >carriage return which blanks out the fields and reloads the page

> Some barcode scanners can be reprogrammed...

Reprogramming might be a solution if you know the scanner wouldn't be used
in circulation. It would be a big disadvantage to people issuing and
returning books if they had to hit enter every time.

NPL handled this situation by designing the member entry screen (in the NPL
templates) so that the
barcode was the very last field on the page. That way you can let the
carriage return happen when you need it.

  -- Owen

----
Web Developer
Nelsonville Public Library