[Koha] Simple MARC reference information

Kevin O'Rourke lists at caboose.org.uk
Wed Aug 23 21:47:15 NZST 2006

BWS Johnson wrote:
> Salvete!
>
> >The British Library doesn't seem to support MARC on their Z39.50
> >service, can anyone recommend any other free sources for MARC records
> >for UK publications?
> >

> That's curious, their records are in MARC
I've found that the National Library of Scotland does support MARC over
Z39.50, so I'm using them instead.  They're another one of the copyright
libraries for the UK and they share records with the British Library.
> Have you registered for the Nigerian National catalogue?
>
> http://www.nlbn.org/
Looking at the page source the registration form doesn't actually send
the information anywhere.  Like many Nigerian government organisations
they probably decided they needed a website but then lost interest in
actually making it work.  We have a branch here in Kaduna, so I'll pop
in sometime and ask about database access.

> The South African National Library has plenty of books on Nigeria,
> though I'd have no way of being able to know if their records match
> your books
>
> http://natlib1.sabinet.co.za/
Thanks, I'll check that out.

I'm very impressed by how helpful everyone is on this list.

Kevin