[Koha] Simple MARC reference information

Kevin O'Rourke lists at caboose.org.uk
Tue Aug 22 23:26:38 NZST 2006

Thanks for the links, I'd had a look at the LOC tutorials but I really
don't have time to sit and read through so much information to extract
the few things that are relevant to us.

> I want you also to note that koha marc forms has the explain of name
> record before it, so it's easy to use it,
I'm not sure easy is how I'd describe it.  I think the explanations only
make sense if you already understand MARC.  There's also no online help
for those forms.
> but always put in your mind if you don't need marc you can use koha
> with a non-marc format.
I'm assuming that switching between MARC and non-MARC Koha will require
a reinstall?

Without MARC what information does Koha store about each book?

Has anyone out there started using Koha without MARC and then deeply
regretted it later?  How difficult would it be to migrate at a later date?

Kevin
--

Kevin O'Rourke
ICT Coordinator, National Teachers' Institute, Kaduna, Nigeria