[Koha] Re: Z3950 Misbehaviours Fixed

Mike D. dalgity at htl.net
Wed Aug 9 03:29:16 NZST 2006

lalitanand dandge <dandgelb at ...> writes:

> hi,I have a trouble searching records with z39.50 search.i read and followed
what you told.but one problem i am having is that, i am not getting any records
in z3950 searchand also as u said, the results may not be displayed but they
can be found in the
> log, but i am not getting anything in the log...so may be i am missing
something or something is wrong that i am not getting.so please write me if you
have any idea.(I am using koha2.2.5 and npl template...)
> thanks and regards.Lalitanand.

Hi, Since you say you are getting nothing in the log I would check to make sure
you have the Z3950 client running. Try the command
ps -a | grep z3950
You should see something like this:
22583 p0  I
1:03.75 /usr/bin/perl /var/www/koha/intranet/scripts/z3950daemon/processz3950que
ue /var/www/koha/log
If you don't then Z3950 hasn't been started.

If the Z3950 client has started then in /koha/log you should see a log file in
the following format:
z3950-daemon-YYYYMMDD-HHMM.log
If you don't then you likely have a file permissions problem and it can't
create the log file

Mike D.