[Koha] Z3950 Misbehaviours Fixed

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Aug 9 00:15:06 NZST 2006

"lalitanand dandge" <dandgelb at gmail.com>
> i am not getting any records in z3950 search
> and also as u said, the results may not be displayed but they can be found
> in the log, but i am not getting anything in the log... [...]
> (I am using koha2.2.5 and npl template...)

2.2.5 users with fast z39.50 connections may need to make the
change described in
http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewcvs/koha/z3950/search.pl?root=koha&r1=1.3.2.7&r2=1.3.2.8

However, if there's nothing in the z3950-daemon-*.log, then
you may need to make sure that the search daemon is running.
The installer does not set that up yet, as there were too
many variations of how to do it.  Now it seems that z3950
searching is common, popular and one of koha's killer features,
I guess that needs to change soon.

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray - see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html