[Koha] Item Type problem

Henri-Damien LAURENT laurenthdl at alinto.com
Fri Aug 4 23:10:51 NZST 2006

Robert McKenna a écrit :
> Hi
>
> We are having a problem with our item types. From what I can see the
> item types information is stored in biblioitems.itemtypes. Our items
> types are long term, short term, Reference and audio visual. These
> item types are used to define the loan characteristics. This
> information is stored in 995Z in our export from our current system
> (Alice/Oasis). The item type is linked to each individual item along
> with its barcode, location etc. We have all of our tab 10 items in
> 995. We cannot get Koha to recognise this as an item type as it is in
> the items table as opposed to the biblioitems table. It needs to be in
> 952b as far as we can figure out. If we define is as being
> biblioitems.itemtype then it can't be in tab 10 or 995. What can we do
> to fix it? We have set the borrowing rules but nothing can be lent
> until koha can recognise the item type!
>
> Please help.
>
> Many thanks

Hi

In order to solve this problem, you have to audit your base to know if
you can have different itemtypes 995$z for a biblio.

If it would be the case, then you would have IMHO (but Joshua or more
US-MARC professionnal could tell you) to create as many biblios as
different itemtypes you have in for one and store them..

It it is not the case, "all you have to do" is take field 995$z value,
delete subfield 995$z and add the good itemtype subfield with the value
you stored to the marcrecord.

Therefore, you have to modify bulkmarcimport.pl
Anyone having a better idea ?
HTH.
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT