[Koha] Item Type problem

Robert McKenna robert.mckenna at gcd.ie
Fri Aug 4 00:33:24 NZST 2006

Hi

We are having a problem with our item types. From what I can see the
item types information is stored in biblioitems.itemtypes. Our items
types are long term, short term, Reference and audio visual. These item
types are used to define the loan characteristics. This information is
stored in 995Z in our export from our current system (Alice/Oasis). The
item type is linked to each individual item along with its barcode,
location etc. We have all of our tab 10 items in 995. We cannot get Koha
to recognise this as an item type as it is in the items table as opposed
to the biblioitems table. It needs to be in 952b as far as we can figure
out. If we define is as being biblioitems.itemtype then it can't be in
tab 10 or 995. What can we do to fix it? We have set the borrowing rules
but nothing can be lent until koha can recognise the item type!

Please help.

Many thanks

Sandra Turner

The Library

Griffith College

Dublin South Circular Road Dublin 8   Tel :     +353 (0)1 4150490/1 Fax:
    +353 (0)1 4549595 Web:    www.gcd.ie/library
<http://www.gcd.ie/library>

Email:  sandra.turner at gcd.ie <mailto:sandra.turner at gcd.ie>