[Koha] Barcode issues part 2

h lowe heidilowe at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 05:00:03 NZST 2006

Hello again!
Some of my (really awesome!) associates made a new server with Koha,
Debian, and the correct version of MySQL. Everything is working much
better!
I am able to export variables and do the bulkmarcimport.pl now. I used
MARCedit to apply the item type and branch as tags, and hey look. I
have item information :)
Now for barcodes. I was able to get the barcodes in - not
automatically though :( but I exported the items table, opened in
Excel, sorted by call number , and then dragged down(for lack of a
better word) to make a list of barcodes, that, if printed in order,
are printed in shelf list order! (thanks for the inspiration Steven
B.!)
But now I would like to print them. I am not able to adjust the
printer settings though. I can enter the settings in on
printerConfig.pl, but it does not save them. I am getting a pdf with
lovely barcodes, but its in A4 size. Has anyone else had this issue? I
am getting pdfs fine (a problem I did see on the list) but I cannot
change the sizes of the labels.
Also, the autobarcode doesn't seem to, well, autobarcode. This is fine
for now, because I have my barcodes now, but how can I make it
automatic for the future?

Here is my new system info

Koha version:  	2.2.5
OS version (from 'uname -a'): 	Linux koha 2.4.27-2-386 #1 Wed Aug 17
09:33:35 UTC 2005 i686 GNU/Linux
(Debian)
Perl version: 	5.008004
MySQL version: 	mysql Ver 14.7 Distrib 4.1.11, for pc-linux-gnu (i386)
Apache version:

Thank you much!
--
Heidi Lowe
Library Intern, Cleveland Psychoanalytic Center