[Koha] Check for every 10th issue

Siop Gopïo | Copy Shop union.copyshop at aber.ac.uk
Thu Jul 13 22:52:05 NZST 2006

Apologies if you receive this twice - I don't think it was sent successfully
the first time.

Hi list,

We use Koha as a DVD rental system and would like Koha to display a message
on every 10th issue for a borrower along the lines of "This is a free
rental".

I've created a flag in the circulation.tmpl file:
<!-- TMPL_IF NAME="FREE_RENTAL" -->
<!-- /TMPL_IF -->

and would like to trigger it from Circ2.pl like:
$needsconfirmation{FREE_RENTAL} = 1;

Just like the other messages that require user confirmation. But that's as
far as I can get. I know the SQL I need is
select count(*) from issues where issues.borrowernumber= ?

but I don't know Perl and I can't get my head around how to call and process
it, despite spending most of the day on it.

Any code suggestions gratefully received!

Chris Hearn
Rheolwr y Siop Gopïo
Copy Shop Manager

Siop Gopïo Urdd Myfyrwyr Aberystwyth
mewn partneriaeth â Call Print
www.urddaber.co.uk/gwasanaethau/siopgopi
E-bost: undeb.siopgopi at aber.ac.uk
Yr Undeb, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DX
Ffôn: 01970 621705   Ffacs: 01970 621724

Aberystwyth Guild of Students Copy Shop
in partnership with Call Print
www.aberguild.co.uk/services/copyshop
E-mail: union.copyshop at aber.ac.uk
The Union, Penglais, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DX
Phone: 01970 621705   Fax: 01970 621724