[Koha] Re: Emilda and Koha: how to choose between them?

Kyle Hall kyle.m.hall at gmail.com
Fri May 19 00:36:48 NZST 2006

I don't see a reason why koha cannot include shell scripts that would:
1) apt-get install all neccessary debs (including yaz related debs)
2) grab the other neccessary cpan modules from cvs and compile/install them

Of course, it would be neccessary to have a seperate shell script for each
distro (debian & redhat). Also, is there any reason why we don't just
include the source for the cpan modules that we need to compile? That
wouldn't cut out a few steps.

This would at least semi-automate the most painful part of koha setup. Any
opinions on this? Any reasons it would be unfeasable, or at least
undesireable?

Kyle

--
IT Tech
Crawford County Federated Library System