[Koha] issues and full catalog search

Stephen Hedges shedges at skemotah.com
Wed Mar 22 08:40:36 NZST 2006

Pedro Maia wrote:
[...]
> Can anyone
> tell me if is it possible to issue an item without the reference to the
> barcode? Can i issue for instance with the reference to the call number?

No, because the call number may not necessarily refer to one, and only
one, item.  If your call numbers _are_ unique to each item, then I suppose
you could use the call number both as a call number and as a barcode,
putting it in both MARC subfields.

> Second question: How can i make a search to the catalog that return to me
> all the existing records? I'm testing koha and i still don't figure how
> can i do it...with the software i have in "my" library (Basis TechLib) i
> can do that with "*"...

Try this:
1. Choose a MARC subfield that's in all of your records -- perhaps "title"
(MARC 21 subfield 245$a).
2. Do a catalog search against this subfield (from the lower section of
the intranet catalogue search screen), setting the operator to "Is greater
or equal to" and using a space as the search term.

That should return everything in your catalog.

Stephen

--
Stephen Hedges
Skemotah Solutions, USA