[Koha] Re:Re: I can connect to Koha locally, but not from another

Craig Andersen YoAndersen at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 3 15:22:17 NZDT 2006

Thank you for replying.  That was the problem.  When KOHA set itself up it
used the server name instead of the ip address for the Virtual host name.

I  had to add in two NameVirtual Host Lines

NameVirtualHost=ipaddress:80
NameVirtualHost=ipaddress:8080

and change the <VirtualHost name:port> to <VirtualHost ipaddress:port>

After that worked I made the koha.http.conf a bit more generic by using
wildcards instead of  ip addresses.  I thought you may find it interesting.
It allows you to set up your virtual host files independent of ip address so
it is possible to use a dhcp assigned address or in my case have the server
on a test network and then move it to a production network.  I included my
koha.http.conf which is made part of my apache2.conf with an include.

NameVirtualHost *:80
NameVirtualHost *:8080

# KOHA's OPAC Configuration
<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerAdmin craigrandersen at hotmail.com
   DocumentRoot /usr/local/koha/opac/htdocs
   ServerName dino
   ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/koha/ /usr/local/koha/opac/cgi-bin/
   Redirect permanent index.html http://dino:80/cgi-bin/koha/opac-main.pl
   ErrorLog /usr/local/koha/log/opac-error_log
   TransferLog /usr/local/koha/log/opac-access_log
   SetEnv PERL5LIB "/usr/local/koha/intranet/modules"
   SetEnv KOHA_CONF "/etc/koha.conf"

</VirtualHost>

# KOHA's INTRANET Configuration
<VirtualHost *:8080>
   ServerAdmin craigrandersen at hotmail.com
   DocumentRoot /usr/local/koha/intranet/htdocs
   ServerName dino
   ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/koha/ "/usr/local/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/"
   Redirect permanent index.html http://dino:8080/cgi-bin/koha/mainpage.pl
   ErrorLog /usr/local/koha/log/koha-error_log
   TransferLog /usr/local/koha/log/koha-access_log
   SetEnv PERL5LIB "/usr/local/koha/intranet/modules"
   SetEnv KOHA_CONF "/etc/koha.conf"

</VirtualHost>

Your documentation is very impressive.

Thanks Again