[Koha] OS X 10.4.3 - install - mysql error

matthew.metzger at cono.org matthew.metzger at cono.org
Wed Nov 9 21:36:01 NZDT 2005

Hello,

I seem to have everything figured out except for MySQL. I installed the
latest version of MySQL for Mac OS X from the MySQL website. It even
installed a nifty icon in System Preferences. MySQL is running. I set my
root password.

Yet, when I run the Koha installation, this is what I get:

Creating the MySQL database for Koha...
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
256ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
/usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)'
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/var/mysql/mysql.sock'
exists!
/usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)'
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/var/mysql/mysql.sock'
exists!

Matthew Metzger