[Koha] Koha Admin Screens

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Wed Oct 27 18:03:21 NZDT 2004

Hi all,

I was setting up a quick demo Koha today for someone and it got me
thinking about a better way to layout the admin screens.

http://katipo.co.nz/gallery/koha-admin

Are some pictures.

My general feeling was that there are only a few things you need to set
if you're just wanting to put in a few books and see what it does (hence
the short list of required settings)

But that then the other preferences should be grouped into the area they
relate to perhaps?

I did think that they could be grouped into "things to do if you've got
a big library" and things to do if you don't - but that seemed a bit
harder to decide on.

Anyway let me know if it appeals - we might give it a try in the Katipo
templates first.

PLUS are there actually more admin parameters than I've got here....

And are any of them MARC/NON MARC specific - I'd particularly like to
not have people setting variables that they don't have to.

Cheers
Rachel

Rachel Hamilton-Williams                Katipo Communications
MANAGING DIRECTOR                       Ph  021 389 128 or +64 04 934 1285
mailto:rachel at katipo.co.nz              PO Box 12487, Wellington
http://www.katipo.co.nz                 New Zealand
Koha Open Source Library System
http://www.koha.org