[Koha] Koha Documentation Project

Stephen Hedges shedges at skemotah.com
Sat Sep 25 04:09:32 NZST 2004

BWS Johnson said:
>>Any ideas on some sort of other name for the Breeding Farm? It seems to
>>cause confusion, for one, and I had have a longtime sneaking suspicion
> it
>>doesn't work well when translated.
>

> How about temporary records?

"Temporary records" is a term I hadn't considered, simply because of my
past experience with a commercial ILS which used this term for items that
were temporarily added to the regular catalog -- like InterLibrary Loan
items or magazines.  (We had a stack of "temporary item" barcodes on cards
which we clipped to the item at circulation time.  When the item was
returned, the temporary item record was automatically deleted from the
catalog.)  But Koha has no such capability, of course, and maybe I
happened to hit the one commercial ILS system in the whole world that does
have this capability!  Has anyone else had the same experience?  Does
anyone have any thoughts about "breeding farm" vs. "import repository" vs.
"temporary records?"

--
Stephen Hedges
Skemotah Solutions, USA