[Fwd: Re: [Koha] Koha Documentation Project]

BWS Johnson mhelman at illinoisalumni.org
Sat Sep 25 00:00:52 NZST 2004

Salvete!

Here's what's in our server. The components were bought in February, and
I bought one of the harddrives just yesterday for easy backup. It's
overpowered, which is how I like it. They were bought from
AllStarShop.com, I like those folks a lot. They are an eense more
expensive than NewEgg, but NewEgg will not deal with government folks on
a PO basis.

Intel Pentium 4 2.66GHz 533MHz FSB w/ 512KB
Kingston 1GB KIT DDR400 PC3200 CL3 (3-3-3) DIMM
Codegen CAT-3307-CA Mid/Mini Tower ATX 350W PSU
2 ENERMAX 80mm Adjustable Speed Case Fans
Mitsumi 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive Silver (This I bought because
Hinsdale still has many things on 3.5" format. It had nothing to do with
Koha)
Samsung 52x32x52 Internal CD-RW Drive ATAPI
2 Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 80GB 7200RPM 8MB Buffer SATA HDD (Drive Only)
Asus P4P800 i865PE P4 ATX Audio/GbLAN/SATA/RAID/AGP8X

This set up minus one hard drive was 675 then. It's probably WAY cheaper
now, although you could get much better stuff for the same price now.

>Any ideas on some sort of other name for the Breeding Farm? It seems to
>cause confusion, for one, and I had have a longtime sneaking suspicion
it
>doesn't work well when translated.

How about temporary records? BTW, how does one get all of the breeding
farm out? IE copy then delete?

Brooke @ Hinsdale