[Koha] web sites, was: Meeting Notes

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Fri Sep 24 15:55:12 NZST 2004

HI Ya

>> My primary goal is to see the www.koha.org site become the pre-eminant
>> site for all Koha related information.

Excellent :-)  I was thinking "Portal" if you know what I mean - so a
site that points people to the other Koha sites, and is "authoritive" on
some core aspects of the project - like who the current release people
are etc etc.

> Basically, I'll share with you if you share with me. At the moment,
> things like the koha logo are restricted use and most of the koha site
> is the default copyright (all rights reserved), as far as I can tell.

You what?

You're more than welcome to use the Koha logo etc - they are on the site
for download (the links to them seem to disapear with alarming
regularity but sorting that is Mikes new job :-)

http://koha.org/developers/logos/

And that's why I put the presentation and print materials up there

http://www.koha.org/about/brochure.html

http://www.koha.org/about/presentation/index.html

So you can use the content of them.....

> That's very annoying when making publicity materials at short notice and
> part of the motive for my Koha England microsite: anyone can use its
> text, although I like being credited.

Right - I quite deliberatly don't say anywhere on the site that it is
"owned" by Katipo - there is no Katipo logo or copyright statement
claiming ownership by Katipo.  You are free to use it (and put stuff on
it too if you want) as long as it's for the koha project.

The "blobbies" have a licence with them that is just that they can't be
resold - so you can use them too.

What I didn't want to happen was that someone use the Koha site stuff
for something not connected with koha, but anyone who is doing stuff
with Koha is more than welcome to use logos, designs etc.

I'm happy to send freehand or photoshop files to anyone who wants them
pretty much, the only thing that is usually a stopper to that is that
folks don't have the programmes to open them.

Cheers

Rachel Hamilton-Williams                Katipo Communications
MANAGING DIRECTOR                       Ph  021 389 128 or +64 04 934 1285
mailto:rachel at katipo.co.nz              PO Box 12487, Wellington
http://www.katipo.co.nz                 New Zealand
Koha Open Source Library System
http://www.koha.org