[Koha] Koha running on Mandrake 9.1: Follow up questions

Stephen Hedges shedges at skemotah.com
Fri Sep 24 12:46:48 NZST 2004

Hi, Rich -

Rich Baldwin said:
> 1) Is there a way to import multiple MARC records at one time?

I think bulkmarcimport.pl (in intranet/scripts/misc) may be what you are
looking for.

> 2) How do I distribute MARC records from the marc_breeding table to the
other tables?  The librarian documentation left me at a loss on how to
proceed.

You run acquisitions > add biblio and do a search for the item (usually by
ISBN).  The matching record from the import repository (a.k.a "breeding
farm") will be retreived and you can then add your item information and
save the completed record to the regular tables.

> 3) Are there any recommended barcode scanners?

Any barcode scanner that can emulate keyboard input ("keyboard wedge")
will work just fine.

--
Stephen Hedges
Skemotah Solutions, USA