[Koha] Koha running on Mandrake 9.1: Follow up questions

Rich Baldwin Rich.Baldwin at noaa.gov
Fri Sep 24 07:29:17 NZST 2004

I have koha running on Mandrake 9.1, MySQL 4.0, Apache 2.0.   The OPAC
and Admin pages are working fine.
While I was setting up Koha, our librarian created ~2000+  Marc records;
one file for each book.  The MARC import function
works fine.  It imports the records in the the marc_breeding table; no
errors.  Inspection of the record in mysql looks correct.

1) Is there a way to import multiple MARC records at one time?  I
haven't looked at the code, but I would think that files cat'ed or
compressed  (zip, gz, etc.)
could be imported w/o to much trouble.  I'd be willing to add a feature
if one doesn't currently exist.

2) How do I distribute MARC records from the marc_breeding table to the
other tables?  The librarian documentation left me at a loss on how to
proceed.

3) Are there any recommended barcode scanners?

Thanks, Rich