[Fwd: Re: [Koha] Koha Documentation Project]

Baljkas Family baljkas at mts.net
Fri Sep 24 02:18:59 NZST 2004

Thursday, September 23, 2004   09:12 CDT

Hi all,

Regarding the MARC part you mentioned, Stephen, as I have been working (slowly) on the model records we discussed way back in April of this year, I have also been working (even more slowly) on adapting some of the materials I have on MARC cataloguing -- much from my lib tech school notes, inevitably much from LC -- towards a simple introduction to the un-MARC-ed. ;-)

I rewrote the introduction to what MARC is (from the wiki) but I don't think I ever forwarded it to Pate (sorry). I think something like that definitely should have a place in the manual. We can avoid going too much into depth with strategic weblinks to more detailed info online anyhoo.

Anyway, I can speed up working on this. What kind of time frame are you all looking at? I didn't notice a time frame (then again I've been up all night proof-reading).

Give me a shout back.

Cheers,
Steven F. Baljkas
library tech at large
Koha neophyte
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

P.S. Love the idea of calling it a repository and not a breeding farm. I never could understand that usage.