[Koha] Do you have a need for sub-branches within Koha?

Owen Leonard oleonard at athenscounty.lib.oh.us
Fri Sep 24 00:53:26 NZST 2004

> > I was wondering wether there are other libraries,
> > particularly corporate or
> > specialty libraries who have a need (or could see one :-)

> > for sub branches.
>
> Yes, I think libraries with locations/branches and
> offices/subbranches
> are more likely to transfer books between subbranches often

I'm curious...what exactly does transferring a book *do*?  It
seems that by transferring a book you're pre-emptively setting
the item's location to it's destination, even though it's not
there yet.  This isn't much better than simply checking in the
book when it arrives--in both scenarios the book's location is
inaccurate until it arrives.

I'm also confused about the purpose of having both homebranch
and holdingbranch.  It would make sense if Koha have some kind
of feedback about changes--"This book belongs in the Athens
Branch. Transfer?"

How are other libraries using these features?  Am I
misunderstanding how they're supposed to work?

-- Owen

----
Web Developer
Nelsonville Public Library